Monday, April 6, 2009

Publishing Part Two

Following my wife’s client’s suggestion, I began to look into the world of self publishing. There are a number of companies out there that offer writers the ability to self publish their books. They offer various services at various prices. I started seriously looking at two of them.

As I was looking to self publish I also made the decision to find a professional editor. Now the task also became more interesting as you can find lots of people who say they editor at pricing from .01 per word to .02 per word. My biggest concern was to find an editor who understood military thrillers and military jargon. It took me six months to find the editor that I was satisfied with.

My biggest break through on finding a publisher came a year ago when I attended the annual NH Writer’s Day conference. I met a lady from Colebrook, NH who had used a company called Xlibris a division of Random House. She too investigated a number of companies and told me they put everything in writing for you so there is no miscommunication.

The following Monday, I e-mailed Xlibris advising them that I was in a search for someone to publish my book and would they contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment