Monday, April 20, 2009

Publishing Part Four

The package I chose to purchase from Xlibris provides many services that save an author a great deal of time and money. For instance they will create a cover for you, they will edit your manuscript for you, provide your work with its ISBN number or numbers if you do both hard and soft covers. Book reviews are sent out, press releases are done, along with an e-mail marketing campaign. Your work is secured with U. S. copyright registration and with the Library of Congress. These are only some of the benefits of the package. I must tell you though that writing a military thriller I asked if whoever edited my work would they have military thriller experience. They very honestly told me that I could not be guaranteed that possibility. So I spent six months searching for my own editor. I also used the services of my own graphic artist to create the cover for the book since I believe that covers aid in selling a book. I feel it was a good choice based on how the cover looks. Writing a manuscript is only part of the work an author must do. The real work begins after your passion is completed. It is a lot of effort once you start working with an editor and then proofing your work to make sure it is correct. However, it is worth it to see the final copy in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment