Monday, October 15, 2012

Learning About Self-Publishing

My first resource for learning about self-publishing was the city library.  There are numerous books on the subject.  After reading two books, I contacted two companies for what is called digital publishing or also known in the industry as "Print on Demand," books.  I spoke with customer service reps from both organizations advising them I was in a investigative mode.  What I also found was they were hyped up to sign me up.  I wanted to make sure I was valued as an author not merely purchasing a publishing package.  I didn't feel comfortable with either company.  This was April of 2008 and I attended the yearly event held by NH Writers Project.  The day-long event begins with a key-note speaker.  Then hosts a choice of various workshops for writing skills, publishing, developing in various areas to become successful.  I met a lady who lived in Colebrook, NH.  She had recently had her first book published by a company called Xlibris.  She couldn't say enough good things about them.  I decided to contact them on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment