Monday, October 29, 2012

Editing and Creating a Cover

The Premium Package I purchased had editing services and custom designed covers included.  However, I went with my original idea to have an editor with military thriller experience and had the cover designed by a graphic artist for "Behind the Lies."  I am glad I did, but for my next four books I used the editing services of Xlibris and my wife's photographs for the covers along with the templates I selected available in the package.  I found Xlibris's editing and the way they created the covers very satisfactory.  In July of 2008, I met the editor.  She agreed to review the manuscript and promised me the finished work in three months.  Unfortunately she wound up having surgery and it took six months to receive the edited manuscript.  I sent everything to Xlibris in January of 2009 and the book was published in April of 2009.

1 comment: