Monday, September 17, 2012

So You Want to Write!

The director of a local senior center called me.  She had heard I was an author and asked me if I would be willing to do a presentation.  She further explained that she receives numerous requests from attendees about how one starts to write.  I told her I would think about some topics and e-mail them to her.  If she liked what she saw we could arrange something.  Two days later I received her call telling me it was more than she envisioned.  Yes, she wanted to schedule a session.  We listed it for the fall.  She posted it in the community mailer that was sent out and we waited to see what would happen.  She received eleven reservations.  The program went over so well I was asked to return for a second session because of interest in the topic.  Another interesting situation occured, the sister location of the senior center in another community saw the posting and called me to ask if I would do the same program at their location.  They had twenty-four reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment