Monday, January 7, 2013

This is the first posting for the trilogy I've written.

"One Came Back," is the title of the trilogy to the series beginning with "Behind the Lies."  The book will be published in the second half of 2013.  I will be posting excerpts to the book to spark reader's interest prior to publication.  I hope I develop some interest with the book with you the blog reader.


Prologue 

June 2013 

In the lower level of the mosque, Hamid’s angry figure is towering over Imam Adel and the Senior Mullah who were bound to chairs. 

“I want to know why you ordered Azim to kill Kamil and me.  We did everything you asked for.  Four of the five missions were successful and the one failure was because of a loose wire.  Why?”

The senior mullah says, “We are not responsible for Azim’s actions.  You cannot blame us for what he did.”

“You are telling me a dying man lied to me.  You want me to believe that?”

Adel is perspiring from fear.  Sweat is pouring down his face.

Hamid looks to Adel, “Is he telling the truth?”

Quivering Adel says, “Yes, we had no reason to kill you, he must have been very jealous of your success.”

“Really, you want me to believe that bullshit.”

Hamid places duct tape on Adel’s mouth.  Then Hamid turns to the mullah “Now it is your turn to suffer.  After watching how I get you to tell me what I want to know, I believe Adel will be willing to tell me everything.”

 

*     *     * 

 
Hamid wakes his body is soaking from sweat.  This is the third night he has had the same nightmare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment