Monday, January 21, 2013

Dedication for "One Came Back"


When I began writing late in 2005, I had no concept where all of this would lead.  I was fortunate to make the decision to join a writers group in Derry, NH.  Each of the six members encouraged me to continue writing my novel “Behind the Lies.”  In January of 2008, the manuscript was completed and in May of 2009, the novel was published. 

Our group leader, John Reed, read the book and listened to me being interviewed on a local Manchester, NH radio show.  Both of us were surprised that the host of the show allowed me a whole hour.  Normally, he gave an author fifteen to twenty minutes of time. 

At our very next group meeting, John hinted that I should write a sequel to “Behind the Lies.”  When I wrote the book I had never dreamed of doing a sequel until my wife’s cousin Rhoda, who lived in New Jersey, said I needed to write the sequel.  In so many words she requested it. 

I explained to John that I promised Rhoda I would write the sequel.  His next statement was, “This theme is too good to end.  Think about writing a trilogy.” 

In my mind I had actually laid out a plot for one of the characters of the first book to go on to another adventure.  I was flattered by John‘s request, and decided I could take that plot and create a trilogy for “Behind the Lies.” 

Two weeks later at our next meeting I told John I would write a trilogy.  I dedicate this book to John Reed, of Derry, NH, a great leader and a good friend.
 
I also wish to thank each of the other members of my writers group for the years of sharing and support they have provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment