Monday, November 14, 2011

Chapter Fifty-Two March 26th-29th

As he makes his last statement they are standing in front of the mill office.  The office isn’t very large and there are two men working inside making decisions on log cuts and whatever else they need to do.

“Let’s go inside and see what we can find out about the real cost of this project.”

As they enter the room one of the men says, “Can we help you folks?”

“Yes, I have a quote from a store owner, for the plans I intend to show you.  You must have some kind of system to file quotes.  I don’t want you to re-do the work you have already done.  Just want to make sure he’s not ripping me off.”

Smiling the man says, “Well I’ll be damned, we got us a smart one here Todd.  Not many people take the time to come into town and come to the mill to see if they’re getting fleeced.

“Let’s see your drawings there young fellow and see if we can save you some money.”

Jacob looks at Tyler’s drawings and says, “Yeah, I remember doing this quote.  You are over Silver Lake’s way, right.”

“Yes, we are!” speaks Joan.

Jacob immediately backs off a bit having a woman confront him as she just did.  Being a Mormon he is used to woman being more subdued.   
Let me dig into my files and look up what we quoted the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment