Monday, November 7, 2011

Chapter Fifty-One March 20th

“Boys at the mill are impressed with your drawings.  Said it made their work easier to figure what you will need.

“Here is a list of materials they say you will need, it includes lumber, nails, shingles for the roof, dimensions of standard window enclosures for window openings so you don’t have to cut different sizes, something new they have to put on the roof before you lay the shingles to keep out any rain or snow, equipment for a kitchen: stove and piping, drains, pump, a sink, and materials to build the fireplace for heating and cooking.  Plus the tools you would need for four men.”

Scott and Tyler are looking over the list of materials.  Scott nods to Tyler indicating he is satisfied with the materials list.

“What’s this going to cost, Randy?” 

“They told me $3,300 hundred dollars including lumber to build the barn and oh, yes, I almost forgot the latrines.”

“Can they have it available by mid April?”

“That won’t be a problem so long as you pay them by the end of this month.”

“How much is in this figure for your fee?”

Randy gets a little red faced and says, “Just a little to cover my time to Salt Lake twice and be on your site to make sure it’s all there when it arrives.”
“I have to be in Salt Lake on the 27th; I’ll stop at the mill and talk this over with them.  If I feel satisfied, I’ll go to the bank and get them their money.  If I think your fee is reasonable I’ll let you handle everything.  If not then you and I need to talk some more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment