Monday, October 24, 2011

Chapter Forty-Nine Carla's Family's Answer

Pedro pulls his horse to a stop and dismounts.  Holding the ends of the reins in his hands he gives his sister a hard hug.

“Easy there big brother, don’t break my back, now.”

“You can handle it, my sister,” he says laughing.  “Let me get my horse some water then we can talk.”

“Why don’t you unsaddle him and put him in the corral with the others.  Can’t you stay for awhile; I will make you something to eat.”

“Where are the others?  It is Saturday and I expected to see them here at the house.”

“On Saturdays, they work the herds in the morning.  They will be back shortly after the noon hour.  I usually plan a big meal mid-day on Saturday so you can join us if you want.  But first you must tell me what you came to tell Tyler.”
Teasing his sister, Pedro says, “Let me take care of the horse first then I will tell you.”  He watches Carla get all excited with anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment