Monday, October 10, 2011

Chapter Forty-Seven Carla's Relatives

Just around noon time Carla and Tyler arrive near the outskirts of Silver Lake where Mexican families own land and farm.  Carla sees her two brothers and their wives watching to see who is arriving.

She yells out to them, “Miguel, you have visitors.”

“What do I owe this honor to my dear sister?”

“I felt it is time I visit and now I bring with me someone who will provide you with some money you weren’t expecting.”

Carla and Tyler dismount, Miguel and Pedro his brother shake hands with Tyler.  Then they hug their sister very affectionately.  “Come we were just preparing to have the noon meal.  You must be hungry from your traveling.”
Carla forewarned Tyler that when he is offered something to eat he should at least try a little bit of what it is.  Otherwise the women will be insulted.

No comments:

Post a Comment