Monday, November 22, 2010

Chapter Five Heading Back To The S&R

“Dad. This is Tyler, Tyler this is Scott Reynolds owner of the S&R. Well almost no mishaps. That’s how Tyler happens to be here.”
“What do you mean almost no mishaps?”

“When I pulled up in front of the General Store to purchase our supplies this morning, Johnny from the Circle J grabbed my arm as I tried to get off the buckboard. I told him to let go. He refused, so I told him I’ll clobber him with my switch. He said he likes women with a temper. Then I told him he would be sorry if he didn’t. His response was who was there for him to be afraid of.”

“So, what happened next?” questions Scott impatiently.

“Tyler answered him, saying, me. Johnny was stunned; he told Tyler that if he wanted that job he was hiring on for to stay out of his business. Tyler told him that he was making it is business and he could keep his job. You could see Johnny was shocked, his face got beet red having someone actually stand up to him. So since we need another hand I took it upon myself to hire him. I was sure you wouldn’t mind.”

Scott turns to Tyler. “How long have you been a ranch hand, son?”

No comments:

Post a Comment