Monday, September 16, 2013

Meeting Anoush

At ten in the morning Anoush is working in the front yard clearing branches that were blown down by the heavy winds last night.  He enjoys the physical exercise working in the yard gives him.  He hears a car coming up the driveway.  He’s not expecting Edina so he is wondering who this person is.
A white four door sedan is slowly pulling onto the driveway.  Anoush heads towards the vehicle.
The driver turns off the engine.
“Who are you looking for, maybe I can help?”
“Are you Anoush Jalili?” 
“Yes, why do you ask?”
“Do you mind if I get out of the car?”  “Not at all, but you still haven’t answered my question.”
Anoush is trying to figure out where this is going.
“Since you know my name I think it is only fair that you tell me yours.”
“My name is Max.  Can we talk somewhere?”
“There is a picnic table with benches in the back, let’s go there.”
Both men sit facing each other without saying a word for a few moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment