Monday, March 11, 2013

Struggles


Sitting at a picnic table underneath a tree, each man begins to enjoy his lunch.  Hamid is deliberately delaying starting the conversation to build up Jean’s anticipation.  He wants to maintain control of this conversation.  Halfway through his sandwich he starts, “Can your friend Bob provide passports?’

“I thought you had a passport to get onto the island.”

“I do.  What I want is to have another passport to use for an entrance into Cuba without using my own.”

“Cuba, why do you want to go there?  The island’s economy has been falling apart for years.”

“I want to write about the island and not have the US know I entered the country.  They frown on their citizens going there.”

“I can ask Bob if he can handle this.  I’ll have to get back to you.”

“There is more, I want to meet the forger myself.  I am willing to pay you and Bob whatever fee is involved but I insist on handling this myself.”

“I don’t know if that can be arranged.”

“I also want the new passport in three days.”
 
“You don’t want much, do you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment