Monday, March 25, 2013

Passport


Jean Boris arrives at the hotel at 11:45.   He enters the lobby and asks the receptionist to contact Hamid to let him know Jean has arrived.

Five minutes later Hamid steps out of the elevator carrying a black briefcase.  He approaches Jean and without saying a word both men depart the lobby.   Hamid chooses to sit in the back seat.

Jean asks, “You have the money?”  “Of course I have the money.  I wouldn’t get what I want without it would I?”

“When we get to Doug’s residence I will wait for you in the car.  Bob wants me to drive you back there in three days to pick up your passport.” 

“That’s fine with me.  What is this guy like that I’m meeting?”

“I have no idea.  I’ve never met him this is not the way our business is typically run.” 

“There’s always a first time, how far do we have to go?”

“We will be there in fifteen minutes.”  The stern tone coming from Hamid is making Jean’s conversation sound very tense.
 
Hamid says, “That’s not telling me much.  Never mind forget it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment