Monday, February 25, 2013

Questions


Neither Jean nor Hamid said a word for the first fifteen minutes in the car after leaving Bob and Jeanette.

Not able to remain quiet any longer Jean says, “Did you enjoy the lunch?  I thought you would enjoy talking to some regular islanders besides all of the tourist hype.”

“Lunch was fine.  Bob and Jeanette seem to be nice people.  I learned about working on the charter boats.  It will be in my book.  I wonder though how the two of them can make a living working the way they do.”

“I’ve known them a long time and I know Bob has a lot of connections he seems to be able to come up with almost anything.”

Hamid thinks a few moments before answering Jean’s statement.  “What do you mean by connections and able to get anything?”

“You know like if you want some weed or maybe some pills or a woman?”

“How long have you two been working together?  It looks like a nice fit where you move the tourists around and he supplies their desires?”

Before he replies Jean thinks about his response.  “We don’t work together I merely want happy customers.  Customers who can go home saying they had the best vacation.”

Sure-Sure, thinks Hamid.

“Well I’m not into weed or pills nor do I want to rent a woman.  I might need another kind of service but I’ll have to think about it before we discuss it.”
 
“What kind of service?”

No comments:

Post a Comment