Monday, January 9, 2012

Chapter Fifty-Nine Next Morning

Joan and Tyler awaken as the sun appears on the horizon.  She is not used to sleeping on cots and finds her body is stiffer than if she had been riding for hours.  Tyler located the tents near the stream which runs through the property it is easier for everyone to freshen in the morning or clean up at night.

She is amazed at how he seems to have all of the details laid out in his head.

He starts a fire before she rises and while she is getting herself together he offers to make breakfast.   Oh this is really different, she thinks.

As they eat, Tyler explains his plans to start.  “Today, we are going to build a corral, so the horses have room to move around and aren’t stuck in one place.  After the corral, we start on the barn.”

“Why, why not the house, I can understand the corral but you want the barn next?”

“Yes, I don’t know how much building experience these young men have that I’ve hired.  By building the corral and the barn it will give them some time to learn to use the tools and to think and plan.  I figure by the time the barn is finished they will have a good idea on how to tackle the house plans.  Besides, I have a wagon load of hay coming in four days and I don’t want it wet should the weather decide to change.”

“I would have never thought of it that way.  What do you want me to do today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment