Monday, April 18, 2011

Chapter Twenty-Five A Week Later

He knows that he cannot go on without getting some assistance from the Scotts. No one knows that he is the heir to the property yet, someone; probably Johnny Peters has tried to kill him. If it becomes public knowledge he will be in greater jeopardy. He decides he must talk with the Scotts and level with them.

He hears a knock on the door and says, “Come in.”

Joan is standing there with a smile on her face. “It seems that you are starting to get around on your own. That’s wonderful. You need to take it slow so your wound heals and any internal bruising has time to heal.”

“Joan, everyone has been wonderful to me. I’m not used to this kind of treatment. I feel a little awkward, not just because I’m injured.”

“Look Tyler, you have friends here, we care what happens to you. I was surprised Jessica and Maggie rode out here to see you. I’m glad they did but that was the first time they ever took the trip. It shows that a number of people like what they see in you.

“I want you to heal completely before you attempt to do any riding. No one is forcing you to get back to work. We’ve made it before you came with just dad, me and Mike.”

No comments:

Post a Comment