Monday, March 21, 2011

Chapter Twenty-One Next Day

Jessica hears Tyler moving around in his room getting ready to leave. When he walks out, she says, “Maggie has invited both of us to breakfast this morning. Is that alright with you?”

“Of course, I would enjoy your company along with Maggie’s.”

She smiles and gets her shawl to put around her shoulders to give her a little warmth with the coolness of this early September morning.

As they walk down the street, Tyler said, “Do you have any idea why all of this might be happening?”

“I wish I did. All of this is so frightening. Maggie and I talked into the early hours of the morning the last two nights trying to figure out why this is happening. We were really happy that you stayed, it made us feel safer.

“If the two of you stay with the buddy system, both of you should be safe. Maggie has a shotgun, do you have a weapon?”

“Yes, I have the same type of gun she has.”

“Oh, I pity the person trying to mess with the two of you with those weapons in your hands.”

No comments:

Post a Comment