Monday, March 14, 2011

Chapter Twenty Looking for Clues

Peter says, “Henry, first of all, we want to thank you and your volunteers plus our doctor here for the efforts that were put into trying to locate the sheriff.

Your report makes it clear that the sheriff was killed by a white man. However, that doesn’t explain what else is happening in our area. The Martins and the Evans were killed with arrows.”

“You’re right Peter, I discussed that with Brave Eagle and he told me the fort is not having any problems with Indians in the territory anywhere other than a young buck that might pick up some whiskey once in awhile. He made me think when he said, “Not only Indians shoot arrows.”

“Henry, he’s an Indian, are you going to believe him?” says Jeff.

Loudly, “Yes, Jeff, I do. Something about the killings of the Martins and the Evans has stuck in my craw ever since they happened. I don’t know what it is yet, but I think there is more to it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment