Monday, January 17, 2011

Chapter Twelve Maggie and Heather

After the dishes and the pots are put away, Maggie grabs two pieces of apple pie out of the cupboard and two cups for coffee. Smiling she says, “Follow me.” She and Heather turn into the dining area and Maggie places everything onto a table in the corner away from the window. Then Maggie walks over to the door and locks it. “We don’t need to be disturbed by anyone. This will be our time. I’m really glad you came back to see me. Do you feel any better than you did last time?”

“Well, probably a little better. I thought you might want to know that the council sent the sheriff over to the fort to find out if there are any other towns being raided.”

“Thank you for telling me, I do know because the sheriff came in here the morning he left and ate enough for two and a half breakfasts.”

Heather starts to giggle. “That sounds funny; I can just picture him walking out of here with a round belly and two stuffed cheeks.”

“Now that you say it Heather, I think that is just how he walked out of here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment