Monday, December 6, 2010

Chapter Seven Dinner at the S&R Ranch

As they eat, Scott, tells Mike about what happened in town and how Tyler happened to be hired.

With real concern on his face, Mike looks at Tyler and says, “The guy you just stood up to is the oldest son of the largest spread around here. He doesn’t like being put in his place. I would watch my back if I were you when he is around.”

“Thanks for the advice. I won’t go looking for any trouble with him; however, I won’t walk away from him either.”

Scott responds, “Tyler, what Mike just said is known by everyone around here. Unless you have a big need to go into town, I would rather you stay on the ranch property for a couple of weeks. Maybe, Johnny will cool his heels and go onto something else by then.”

“Dad’s right, Tyler. What you did was admirable. We only want to make sure that you don’t suffer having looked out for me.”

“I’m sure you have enough work to keep me busy for a couple of weeks and there really is no reason for me to go to town yet.”

Scott continues the conversation by asking Tyler to repeat what he saw at the Evan’s place.

After Tyler finishes, Joan says, “I don’t understand it. We haven’t had any trouble from the Indians for years. Why all of sudden do we have it now?”

Tyler interjects, “This may be a renegade raiding party and not a local tribe.”

“Why do you say that?” questions Mike looking surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment