Monday, October 4, 2010

Chapter Eighteen Epilogue

This book is being published with a two fold purpose. One I want everyone to know the quality relationship I had with my dog. Second, I want to reach dog owners to educate them about what she went through and what she died from. Dog owners I cannot reach through my local cable TV program.

Last but not least, I needed a way to educate vets. I know Tova’s vet is talking up what he learned from this experience when he goes to conferences. I personally called every small animal college in the country telling them about it and asking them to make sure their students are aware of this. I offered to send them the report. Everyone I spoke to requested it. Interesting enough only three of them told me they were aware of Cryptococcosis. Some said it’s probably in their database but no one seems to be identifying with it. I realize that no one can learn everything but I want this book to be a wake-up call for vets and for dog owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment