Monday, July 5, 2010

Chapter Five Two Weeks Later

My wife has been going shopping an unusual number of times for her personality. Both of us really hate to shop. So I know something is up.

About ten days after our first hunt Linda comes up the stairs into the living room and says, “This is for Tova.”

What she hands me is an expensive blaze orange colored hunting vest designed for dogs which also had a sturdy belly protector to guard them against cuts and bruises on their delicate sections.

My wife, who rarely spends money on herself, spent more money on this vest than she would for a dress.

“Let’s try it on her,” she says.

What is this thing? Tova is squirming around while we get her legs through the vest, around her shoulders and over her back and belly.

I don’t need a coat. Do I have to wear this?

“What do you think? How does she look?” Linda asks.

“First of all it will do what you want it to. Second she’s going to be the best dressed dog in the woods.”

Linda gives me that look. You know the look, just leave it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment