Monday, November 16, 2009

Chapter Sixty-Eight End of March

While reading the current issue of the Washington Post, Feroz comes across a short article hinting that the United States is preparing for war with Iran. “Asim, look at this. The Post must have a source within the government that’s feeding it military information.”

“Why do you say that, Feroz?”

“You know as well as I that the Post will print any leaks it can get its hands on. Two weeks ago, I read a small blurb just like this one,” he remarks, pointing to a paragraph in a column of political tidbits and trivia, “saying that it’s possible that the United States and Iran could to go to war over the nuclear enrichment issue.”

Asim shakes his head. “Sounds like a lot of conjecture to me, Feroz. I don’t think it’s any big deal.”

“I thought so too, when I read the first piece. But now I read this. They are saying war is ‘highly probable’ between the two countries.”

“You think it’s a leak from the administration? We haven’t picked up anything like that from any of our contacts in Congress or from anyone here in the U.N.”

“I know, it’s just that I feel the Post has something it’s trying to get out, and that this is the safest way they can do it.”

“Feroz, put your supposition into a report and let headquarters have someone contact the Post to see if they can learn who the source is. That’s the safest way for us to handle it. Personally, I don’t think their president has the balls.” Asim laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment