Monday, March 2, 2015

My new camera

In January, I purchased my first SLR camera.  I have always used point and shoot cameras.  Why did I purchase an SLR, because I am studying the Fumdamentals of Photography.  This great DVD and booklet sold by the company Great Courses uses Joel Sartore as the presenter.  Joel is a photographer for National Geographic Magazine.  While you will learn from this course even if you only want to take pictures with a point and shoot, the course is really designed for learning with SLR cameras.

I purchased a Nikon D5200 with a 18-55 variable lens.  I also purchased a 55-300 variable and an exterior flash which can be used in many manners.  Why did I purchase all of this?  Well the holiday specials made it worthwhile than to purchase the zoom lens and the flash at a later date.

Here are four pictures of skaters on Doors Pond around 5:15 PM on Wednesday February 25th.  I had just dropped my wife off at her oil painting class and the lighting is what Joel calls soft light.  I hope you like them.  I was not taking pictures for beauty I was taking the pictures to see how the different lens worked.  I also notice that the pictures on my Picasa file are better that what is copied here.  I am in a new learning curve.



No comments:

Post a Comment