Sunday, March 30, 2014

Back to Work

Inside of the Oval Office, John begins explaining to everyone the reason for the prompt meeting.

“When Allison gave us her report about what might be transpiring in Austin,  I remembered we were monitoring one individual for a month.  Near the end of that month we recorded a call that was rushed and the receiver acted as if he didn’t want any part of it.  What got me curious was it wasn’t too long afterwards the oil refinery exploded.  Was he involved, I have no idea.  But I placed a special watch on him which brought no results.

“We are seeing some small traffic from Iran to him.  It is encrypted and we need to sort it out.  However, I want everyone to be aware of this, because after the call I previously talked about, we did try to monitor the guy for another thirty days and that gave us nothing so we gave up watching him.  My gut feeling is this guy is a player in an Iranian cell.  Was he involved in the refinery job, I have no proof.  But I don’t want to be caught short again.”

The president says, “Mark, what has your team found out so far.”

“Sir, I’m sorry to say it’s a dry run so far.  We have nothing to report.”

No comments:

Post a Comment