Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day After the Explosion

Inside of the CIA director’s office Allison McDonald is speaking with Kevin McCarthy one of her top agents. 

“Have you heard about the explosion that occurred outside of Austin yesterday?”

Kevin replies, “You couldn’t miss hearing about it.  It’s been breaking news since it happened and the media seems to be giving it constant up-to-date coverage.  Why are you asking?”

“I’m not sure but I have a feeling about this.”

“What kind of feeling?”

“I really can’t explain it.”

“Is there something you want me to do, like go to Austin?”

“I want you to go and nose around and see what you can come up with.  Was this a freak accident or a bombing?  Who were the occupants?”

“You know the FBI isn’t going to give us anything.  They’ll be pissed if they know I’m around.”

“Then I’ll leave it up to you to do it without them knowing.”

Kevin rises from the couch he is sitting on and walks towards Allison’s desk.  I’ll leave first thing in the morning and see what I can come up with.”

“Keep me posted when you find something.”

“How much time should I spend on this?”

“That depends on what you find.”

Kevin walks out of the director’s office.

No comments:

Post a Comment