Monday, October 28, 2013

Wednesday's Meeting

At 10:00 in the morning Max pulls into Anoush’s driveway.  He parks his rental car next to Anoush’s vehicle.  As he exits the car Anoush is walking down the stairs towards him. 

“Good morning, how was your flight?”

“How do you know I flew here?”

“Come on Max, I wasn’t born yesterday.  Is it too cool for you to sit out here or would you prefer to go inside?”

“The picnic table will be fine.”  Both men head over to the table and sit on opposite sides facing each other.

“We thought you wouldn’t respond to my visit by the third week.  We were surprised when your e-mail came through the fourth week.”

“I’ve been quite busy, as a matter of fact I am committed for two more months.  Then I am available if I am interested.  What are you looking to have done?”

Max looks around which is a very natural human reaction when clandestine discussions begin to take place. 

“We have two individuals we would like to have eliminated.”

“Why are you talking with me?  I’m sure an organization like yours has many talented people.”

Max doesn’t respond immediately.  He senses Anoush is telling him he suspects who he is.  He’s not about to confirm it.  “I am only the messenger I cannot tell you why that decision was made.  Someone above me tells me you have the potential to do the assignment.”

“Who are these people?”

“One is Hezbollah and one is Hamas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment