Monday, July 1, 2013

Second Night


Close to two o’clock Anoush hears Edina’s vehicle.  She parks next to his and walks back to the house with a large bowl in her hands.  He greets her at the door.

“Are you a Greek bearing a gift?”  No, I am a Bosnian bringing something to go along with dinner.  I’m tired of eating out and if you let me I will prepare dinner.”

“I could use some expert advice in the kitchen.  I have purchased some things for dinner so we can prepare the meal together.”

She walks up to him and hands him the bowl.  “If you would take this I will go and bring in my clothes so I don’t have to get them in the morning.”

“Good idea, you might look a little silly dressed or should I say undressed the way you were this morning.”

After that comment she punches him in the shoulder and then bursts out laughing.

The comment broke some of the tension she felt coming back here.

She brings her clothes into the house and lays them on the bed in the spare room.
 
“As I drove here I was wondering if you would like to take a drive.  The weather is lovely and I’m sure there are plenty of places you haven’t visited yet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment