Monday, August 15, 2011

Chapter Thirty-Nine Peter's Revenge


Halfway across the street, the see a figure walk out from behind the livery.

“Hold it right there you murderers!”

Tyler is closest to John Sr.  He sees John is probably drunk from the night before.  Drunken men can still kill you.

“Who are you talking to, John?”

“You Martin, I heard you own their property now.  How did you manage to do that?  I should have been able to claim that land.  It doesn’t belong to anyone else.”

“John, go sleep it off.  You’ve been through enough.  Go get your wits about you before you get hurt.”

“You’re the one who is going to get hurt for killing my son and taking land that should belong to me.”

“Scott move off, get away from me.  If he fires I don’t want to have to worry about you.”

“I can move and distract him, maybe that will work?

“No, this man is not going to stop until one or both of us are dead.”

Scott starts moving off from behind Tyler.  John’s eyes watch him looking for any move on his part to draw.
Inside of Maggie’s, the general store and elsewhere along the street people are watching to see what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment