Monday, June 13, 2011

Chapter Thirty-Two Coming Together

While eating their breakfast in the encampment, White Cloud notices five riders coming towards them.  A little puzzled he realizes they are from his tribe but he only asked for four extra braves.
Approaching closer, he sees the fifth rider is his sister Little Dove.
“What brings you out here, sister?”
“Your message to father told me things were going to be happening.  I could not stand by without helping.”
“Helping, what do you expect to do?”
“Joan has given me an open invitation to come and spend some time with them.  I am going to take her up on it.”
“If something happens, I have you to worry about as well.”
“Dear brother with you out here I don’t have any worries,” as she rides off towards the ranch.
The eight braves just look at each other nodding their heads at the squaw riding off who acts like a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment