Monday, August 16, 2010

Chapter Eleven Down with the Flu

In mid-January the following year, I came down with a bad case of the flu. I couldn’t get out of bed for three days except to go to the bathroom. Linda would bring me soup and juices so I had plenty of fluids in me.

For those three days, Tova laid snuggled up next to me on the bed except to eat and to go out to do her thing. It was as if I was her child and she was protecting me. I couldn’t believe how she stayed with me the whole time. Yet, I was really glad she was there.

During the third day she would paw me at times, why I don’t know. Was she trying to get me up? Or was she sensing I was getting better and wanted some of my attention? When I sensed her pawing me; I would pet her and usually fall back to sleep. When I got out of bed the fourth day she was dancing around me as if I had gotten home from being away on a long trip.

I have never gotten over how she stayed with me knowing that I was unable to be myself and I was ill. She had an amazing sense of what was happening in our lives. You will see more of this in this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment