Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chapter One Hundred Five Epilogue

Allison McDonald makes the president aware when the thirty day period for the Russians to respond has expired. “There’s still been no comment from the Russian government,” she reports.

“Allison, I am going to wait fifteen more days. That should give them enough rope to hang themselves. In the meantime, I want to know everything your people can find out about that operation.”

“I’ve been gathering that information for weeks. I figured we’d need it.”

The president smiles. This lady’s so damn good at what she does. She’s always a couple steps ahead of me.

Fifteen days later, McDonald calls again. “What would you like us to do, sir?”

“You already know what to do. Just do it.”

“Yes, sir. With pleasure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment